Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Lord's Overseers ...

During the day I'm blessed to say that my husband and I set aside some time to analyze God's word ... As Pastors we're called to aid those that the Lord puts in our paths through teaching  and discussing the definition of false doctrines.   Now when it comes to  1 Cor. 14:34-35, I've met hostile Brothers in Christ rudely say  that they don't embrace the concept that women should Ministry in ANY sense of the word in God's House.

Allow me to be clear, if God would have said women shouldn't be allowed to Ministry in His House, even if the flesh got upset, I'd Pray till I'm blue in the face and obey his word. Instead it was the Apostle Paul who made that bold statement in a letter written to Timothy, 1 Timothy 2:12. You see Paul was concerned the main biblical authority for prohibiting women from becoming ordained clergy, holding positions of ministry and/or having leadership in the Church.  Most churches now a days still deny women a vote in church affairs, teach adult Bible classes or serve as missionaries. That being said,  as Pastors my husband and I don't affirm this type of hypothesis in the Church God has called us to oversee. Thus, let's bury this one side concept  and study more the Bible. For the following biblical texts were made by the Apostle Paul and not by Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior ...

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 ~ the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. 35 If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.


I'll close this Biblical awakening with this last statement,  for those of you that don't know the Apostal Paul lived in a male dominated culture and  was also a Pharisees too ... 
Food 4 Thought,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by ... We hope and PRAY that we see you again Dear Friend ... #AMEN,